Home > Resources OANDA > Regulatory and Financial Compliance > OANDA Europe Legal Documents > Legal > Joint Account
Convert an fxTrade Personal Account to a Joint Account
What is a joint account?
A joint account is owned by two account holders, and can be used by either one of them. Any fxTrade personal account can be converted into a joint account once the individual account holder initiates and authorizes this process.
- The fxTrade login username, email address, and security question stay the same when an account is converted to a joint account.
- The standard withdrawals policy still applies: funds will be returned to the same bank account where the funds originally came from. If both parties already share a joint bank account, this policy should not affect them.
Set up a joint account
- One account holder must already have an OANDA fxTrade account.
- The second account holder must register for an fxTrade account. We recommend registering online.
- Complete and scan a Joint Account Application (to be signed by both parties to the joint account).
- Email email@example.com requesting a joint account. Attach the completed joint account application, and include both usernames in your correspondence.
If you have questions, contact Customer Support.