Is FX and CFD trading, and Spread Betting appropriate for me?
Trading FX and CFDs, and Spread betting is not appropriate for everyone and we would normally expect these products to be used by persons who:
- have a high risk tolerance
- are trading with money that they can afford to lose
- have experience with, and are comfortable trading on financial markets and understand the impact and risks associated with margin trading
- generally want to acquire short term exposures to financial instruments/markets
- have a diversified investment and savings portfolio
FX, CFDs and Spread Bets are offered for trading at OANDA on an execution only basis, meaning no advice or recommendation is given nor monitoring or risk management assistance provided.
These products are appropriate for the following individuals
- experienced traders
- inexperienced traders who understand the risks and who have disposable income
- those with a high risk tolerance
- not appropriate for anyone who has low income and low savings