Register for our live webinar sessions. To register click the date and time of the webinar you would like to attend and complete the form.
LIVE MARKET ANALYSIS
Identify market trends of major forex and CFD trading instruments.
BASICS OF TRADING
Learn trading essentials and discover more about our trading platforms.
Live Market Analysis: Real-Time Analysis of EUR, USD, GBP and JPY
by David Villagra There’s no better way to learn how to analyse the markets and identify trading opportunities than through an over-the-shoulder session with one of our experienced trainers. During this webinar, OANDA’s technical trading analyst David Villagra will explore the live forex markets, helping you better understand how to identify high-probability trades.
• Learn how to identify intra-day trading opportunities across forex and CFD
• Analyze time frames to fine tune your entry and avoid impulsive trades
• Build a plan in high-probability setups using entry, stop and take profit levels
• Identify and understand micro patterns and the reason why they are important
A crucial step in the trader development process is to learn from our mistakes from yesterday and use them to become better traders tomorrow. By viewing mistakes as an opportunity rather than an issue can help us to shift our mental state to allow us to learn and grow and thus be better, more confident traders. Join us for this live and insightful webinar special where we will look back at the major political events and how they affected the financial markets as well as at you the trader. We will look at ways to decipher the positives from our mistakes of the past and hone our trading edge via a decisive action plan for the coming weeks and months ahead.
In this webinar special you will learn:
• Ways to hone your trading
• The outlook for the global index markets
• Which asset classes have been the key action areas so far in 2018
• The key technical chart levels and price patterns to consider in the coming weeks and months
• We will also look at the useful OANDA tools and how they can be used to streamline your trading
Check back for live schedule
Trading the Fundamental Forces that Shape the Global Markets
Fundamental news and economic data can have a dramatic effect on the global financial markets whether this results in short term fluctuations or has a longer-term impact. The relevant releases of both monthly and quarterly news bulletins are keenly and expertly monitored by fundamental and technical traders. It is common practice for traders en masseto target profits with the use of sound trading strategies during these news events and thus, can and often do, stir up volatility and increase liquidity.
Join us for this live and interactive webinar where we will look at the following:
• The monthly non-farm payrolls; the major fundamental news release that all traders keep in their diary
• Crude oil inventories; the weekly release that all oil traders and forex traders track earnestly
• Central bank interest rate decisions; the quarterly news release that can affect a country’s currency, its index markets and stock prices
• Lastly, a live look at the charts to assess the current state of the popular forex, index and commodity markets
Check back for live schedule
ON DEMAND LEARNING
Watch archived webinars.
PREMIUM WEBINAR SERIES
Sign in with your OANDA live account to learn trading strategies using technical tools and indicators.
Psychology Pitfalls of a Trader
The trading environment can be fast-paced with numerous opportunities and pitfalls. It might seem like the odds are stacked up against traders, given that those who lack discipline could lose money in the majority of the cases. Understanding the psychological pitfalls of trading could be the key to improve your trading strategy.
• The 4 stages of trading development
• Impacts created from profits and losses
• Creating the right trading environment
• Two elements that try to stand in your way to success
The psychology behind trading is what moves the markets. Developing a good understanding of the forces that move the markets will help achieve improved trading performance. A disciplined trader has a set framework to profit from expected market movements along with a strategy in place should the markets move against them.
• Focusing on the trading strategy
• Decisions driven by emotions
• How to deal with wins and losses
• Hastening the learning curve
Risk management is a key skill and discipline that is vital to the success and survival of traders with all levels of experience. The anticipation and management of risk should be a key component of a trading plan and not an afterthought. In this session we review:
• Common sources of trading risk
• Symptoms of risk that should make you re-evaluate your approach
• Techniques to reduce, avoid, or transfer risks when you identify them
• Comments from well-known traders on achieving success by using effective risk management practices
This practical session highlights common errors that can make it harder for traders to achieve their trading goals. Traders of all levels will benefit from insights and practical tips to identify and reduce these common errors. Content focuses on trading mindset rather than specific trading strategies.
• Review common trading errors and understand how they can affect your financial results
• Recognize these errors in your trading and learn practical approaches to reducing them
• Distinguish between a winning trade and flawless execution
• Learn practical techniques for assessing the strength of a currency trend
• Implement a process of self-review to continuously identify and reduce trading errors
This well known, but often misused tool can identify areas where traders might consider joining trends and placing stops. When a Fibonacci level is combined with sources of price support and resistance it can become a powerful technical analysis tool.
• Methods for applying Fibonacci techniques in chart analysis
• Understand trends minimizing the need to remember chart pattern names
• Utilize Fibonacci retracements to anticipate trend turning points
• Use cluster analysis to gauge the strength of price and resistance levels
Breakouts of support and resistance levels in the market occur when buying and selling activity builds up at very specific price points and subsequently breaks above or below that level. These potential setups can occur over both short and long timeframes; there is also the possibility of a “false” breakout. In this webinar we discuss how you can spot these potential breakout levels and develop a strategy for trading them.
• Understand the meaning of support and resistance levels
• Discover why sloping trend lines are subjective and largely unreliable
• Develop criteria for entry and stop order placement when there is a breakout level
• Enhance your technical knowledge identifying trend strength
Trading Analysis for Forex and CFD's†: The Way a Trader sees it
The choice available to traders can be endless, with hundreds, if not thousands of products available to trade, five and a half days a week. How can traders identify potential opportunities? Join us for this insightful webinar where we take a look at how a professional trader seeks out potential trading opportunities.
• Learn practical skills determining a price trend • See trading analysis & strategy examples in various markets* • Use Correlation Heat Maps for intra-day and swing trading • Learn advanced technical analysis
A Price Chart can be a technical trader’s most important tool when it comes to seeking opportunity on the global markets. Join us for this insightful webinar were a full-time, experienced trader will walk you through the Advanced Charting basics. You will also get acquainted with a powerful set of 65+ technical indicators to help you in formulating an effective trading strategy.
• How to access the Advanced Charting platform
• Setting up your customized charts
• Platform tips and tricks for beginners and intermediate traders
• Powerful indicators to identify opportunities
Preview this month’s major events and chart markets live in 1-hour webinar special with Craig Erlam - Senior market analyst. The event is reserved for live account holders only. This live webinar session will include: overview of the key market events at the moment, preview of upcoming standout events and much more. There will also be a live Q&A session at the end of the webinar where you can ask Craig his thoughts on the market outlook.
• Overview of the key market events at the moment.
• A live Q&A session at the end of the webinar.
04 JUNE: 12:30 BST 04 JUNE: 07:30 EDT
Log in, or open a live account to view the premium webinar.
Part 1: Five Ways to Take Your Trading to a New Level
It is well documented that seasoned, professional traders think differently than beginner traders. By trial and error, they have learned to think, trade and operate at a different level. In this, the first part of the Forward Thinking Trader’s education course, we delve into the five ways that new traders can take their trading to a new level. We will also cover:
• An introduction to the Forward Thinking Traders course and two decisive strategies
• Delve into world class traders’ psyche and discover the similar traits in their characters
• The five core ways to develop as a trader
• A practical method for creating a repeatable trading process in an ever changing and fast paced environment
The Forward Thinking Traders course an educational journey to becoming a more profitable trader. Attend the full, ten webinar sessions for an in-depth understanding of technical analysis, trading psychology, risk management and trading strategy. Or cherry pick the specific areas where you would like to increase your learning and attend only those sessions. This ten part premium webinar series of the Forward Thinking Traders will cover:
• Five ways to take your trading to a new level
• A simple approach to assessing price action
• How to turn the moving average into a powerful leading indicator
• Improve your trading edge with true support and resistance
• The complete guide to understanding candlestick analysis
• The importance of price momentum
• Seeing the big picture with multiple timeframe analysis
• Risk management for technical trading
• Strategy Masterclass: Mastering the breakout strategy
• Strategy Masterclass: The any market, any timeframe strategy
Log in, or open a live account to view sessions 2-10.
Explaining Inner Trend Lines and Identifying Key Areas of Price Acceleration
Price Action series with David Villagra Successful self-directed FX traders rely heavily on support and resistance levels and trend lines, however many novice traders fail to understand how to accurately apply these levels and, more importantly, how to use and apply inner trend lines. During this webinar, we’ll talk you through the importance of inner trend lines and how you can use them to identify key areas of price acceleration.
• How professional traders use and apply trend lines on multiple timeframes
• Why using inner trendlines helps identify where price is likely to accelerate
• Reducing your initial drawdown once you enter a trend with inner trendlines
• Finding solid risk reward trading opportunities using trendlines
Top Down Analysis: Using Multiple Timeframes to Gain an Edge
Price Action series with David Villagra Successful traders use a clearly defined trading strategy that not only identifies the best time to enter the market, it also addresses the critical factor of when to stay out. Our top-down analysis session identifies how you can use and apply multiple timeframes to gain an edge in your strategy and explains why this is critical for your trading plan.
• How to systematically use multiple timeframes to locate trading opportunities
• Applying an effective checklist to every trade before entering the market
• Using multiple timeframe analysis to avoid potentially bad trade setups
• Live trading examples: watch our trainer analyse the markets using the timeframe analysis checklist
Exploring the Magic of Fibonacci: Using Price Anatomy to Identify Key Price Levels
Price Action series with David Villagra Despite its prevalence in the natural world, Fibonacci is often misused even by experienced traders, however this tool can provide invaluable insights into price exhaustion, reversal opportunities and take profit levels when used correctlyprice exhaustion, reversal opportunities and take profit levels when used correctly. During this webinar, we’ll help you better understand how you can use Fibonacci price anatomy to identify key price levels.
• An unconventional way to measure price extension to identify short-term targets
• How to wait for a ‘natural movement’ that allows you to put probability on your side
• Using Fibonacci to identify areas of price exhaustion
• A concise framework on how to use Fibonacci to identify clear entry and exit levels
Opportunities With Price Gaps & Volume Analysis:
Ideal Areas For Low-Risk Entries
with David Villagra Price spikes offer a unique opportunity for experienced traders with an in-depth understanding of how to take advantage of market volatility, however many novice traders remain unaware of the risk involved. During this session we’ll help you understand how you can exploit price inefficiencies after a spike occurs in order to identify low-risk entries and better align your setups with market direction.
• The origin and anatomy of a price spike and how to use them to your advantage
• The risks involved when trading highly volatile price spikes
• Exploiting price inefficiencies after a spike occurs and using them to your advantage
• Probabilities of gaps being filled and how to align your trade setups with the most likely direction afterwards
Continuation And Reversal Price Patterns: Advanced Entry Strategies
with David Villagra The forex markets are renowned for trending, and being able to capture a solid part of a successful trend can significantly increase your chances of placing a successful trade, however in among these trends are micro patterns that signal opportunities for continuation and reversals. OANDA’s technical trading analyst David Villagra outlines how to enter your trades based on these patterns during this online training session.
• Identify the precise rules for entry based on micro patterns occurring in lower time frames
• Gain clarity on your entry signals so you aren’t left guessing
• Using micro pattern analysis to identify trending opportunities
• Live chart examples: Learn from the most critical intra-day chart patterns used by short-term traders
Managing Trades: Flexible Exit Strategies Across Multiple Timeframes
with David Villagra Smart traders understand that profits are generated on exit rather than entry levels, and as such often manage their trades using multiple exit strategies, providing greater flexibility and potentially maximising their opportunities. During this session, we’ll provide you with an in-depth understanding of how you can incorporate flexible exit strategies across multiple timeframes and market conditions.
• Spot potential opportunities using OANDA's innovative trading tools • Learn how to apply the OANDA Heatmap for potential opportunities for both intraday and swing trading • Recognize key levels in various markets and possible approaches to trading them • Learn practical techniques for assessing the strength of a price trend • A great opportunity to ask a professional trader questions about using OANDA's various technical tools and charting packages
A trading strategy can offer benefits such as consistency of positive outcomes, and error minimization. An optimal trading strategy reflects the trader’s objective and personal approach.
Fundamental traders watch interest rates, employment reports, and other economic indicators trying to forecast market trends.
Technical analysts track historical prices, and traded volumes in an attempt to identify market trends. They rely on graphs and charts to plot this information and identify repeating patterns as a means to signal future buy and sell opportunities.
Leveraged trading involves high risk since losses can exceed the original investment. A capital management plan is vital to the success and survival of traders with all levels of experience.
Learn risk management concepts to preserve your capital and minimize your risk exposure. Seek to understand how leveraged trading can generate larger profits or larger losses and how multiple open trades can increase your risk of an automatic margin closeout.
Online Trading Academy content and videos: No financial advice is given during the educational videos and they do not take into account your financial circumstances and risk profile. Trading on margin is high risk. You may lose more than you deposit. The videos contain education and financial market views from Online Trading Academy, not OANDA.
Execution speed numbers are based on the median round trip latency measurements from receipt to response for all Market Order and Trade Close requests executed between August 1st and November 30th 2017 on the OANDA V20 execution platform, excepting MT4 initiated orders.
Contracts for Difference (CFDs) or Precious Metals are NOT available to residents of the United States.
MT4 hedging capabilities are NOT available to residents of the United States.
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) limits leverage available to retail forex traders in the United States to 50:1 on major currency pairs and 20:1 for all others. OANDA Asia Pacific offers maximum leverage of 50:1 on FX products and limits to leverage offered on CFDs apply. Maximum leverage for OANDA Canada clients is determined by IIROC and is subject to change. For more information refer to our regulatory and financial compliance section.
Your capital is at risk. Losses can exceed investment. Leverage trading is high risk and not for everyone.