Live Exchange Rates - XAG/USD
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
XAG/USD at a Glance
Silver (Currency Code: XAG)
- Chemical symbol: Ag, from the Latin argentums
- Silver is a metallic chemical element that has the form of a soft, white, lustrous metal.
- Silver coins are possibly the oldest mass produced form of standardized money tokens, used as coinage since Ancient Greece.
- Silver bullion coins are purchased to hedge against currency inflation or as a store of value.
- Silver is used to make ornaments, jewelry, tableware and utensils, and in a variety of industrial applications.
U.S. Dollar (Currency code: USD)
- Central bank: The Federal Reserve System (also known as the Federal Reserve, or the Fed)
- The USD (also called the greenback or buck) is the de facto global currency. Most commodities (including gold and oil) are priced in USD.
- The U.S.A. has by far the largest economy in the world.
- America faces challenges from developing economies, and has consistently large trade deficits with other nations.