Live Exchange Rates - USD/THB
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
USD/THB at a Glance
U.S. Dollar (Currency code: USD)
- Central bank: The Federal Reserve System (also known as the Federal Reserve, or the Fed)
- The USD (also called the greenback or buck) is the de facto global currency. Most commodities (including gold and oil) are priced in USD.
- The U.S.A. has by far the largest economy in the world.
- America faces challenges from developing economies, and has consistently large trade deficits with other nations.
Thai Baht (Currency code: THB)
- Central bank: Bank of Thailand
- The baht was called “tical” by the English until 1925.
- Thailand has a free-enterprise economy.
- Exports (machinery and electronic components, agricultural commodities, and jewelry) make up over half of Thai GDP. Exports were severely cut during the financial crisis of 2008-09, but have rebounded quickly.
- Tourism is also a key industry, and is strong again after a severe drop during antigovernment protests in 2009