Live Exchange Rates - USD/SEK
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
USD/SEK at a Glance
U.S. Dollar (Currency code: USD)
- Central bank: The Federal Reserve System (also known as the Federal Reserve, or the Fed)
- The USD (also called the greenback or buck) is the de facto global currency. Most commodities (including gold and oil) are priced in USD.
- The U.S.A. has by far the largest economy in the world.
- America faces challenges from developing economies, and has consistently large trade deficits with other nations.
Swedish Krona (Currency code: SEK)
- Central bank: Sveriges Riksbank (Swedish National Bank).
- The Swedish krona (meaning “crown”) is a floating currency.
- Sweden is required to adopt the euro at some point, but has not met preconditions to join ERM II and peg the krona to the euro. Swedes rejected adopting the euro in a 2003 referendum.
- Sweden has a modern, high-tech market economy. Exports include machinery (35%), motor vehicles, paper products, pulp and wood, iron and steel, chemicals.