Live Exchange Rates - USD/NOK
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
USD/NOK at a Glance
U.S. Dollar (Currency code: USD)
- Central bank: The Federal Reserve System (also known as the Federal Reserve, or the Fed)
- The USD (also called the greenback or buck) is the de facto global currency. Most commodities (including gold and oil) are priced in USD.
- The U.S.A. has by far the largest economy in the world.
- America faces challenges from developing economies, and has consistently large trade deficits with other nations.
Norwegian Krone (Currency code: NOK)
- Central bank: Norges Bank (Central Bank of Norway)
- The krone has a floating exchange rate (not fixed).
- Norway has one of the highest standards of living in Europe, with a low unemployment rate.
- Norway is rich with natural resources: petroleum, hydroelectric power, fish, forests, and minerals.
- Because of Norway’s heavy exposure to the petroleum sector, the currency tends to be influenced by the price of oil.