Live Exchange Rates - USD/INR
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
USD/INR at a Glance
U.S. Dollar (Currency code: USD)
- Central bank: The Federal Reserve System (also known as the Federal Reserve, or the Fed)
- The USD (also called the greenback or buck) is the de facto global currency. Most commodities (including gold and oil) are priced in USD.
- The U.S.A. has by far the largest economy in the world.
- America faces challenges from developing economies, and has consistently large trade deficits with other nations.
Indian Rupee (Currency code: INR)
- Central bank: Reserve Bank of India
- Coins were first issued in India circa 6th century BC; the first "rupee" circa 16th century AD.
- India has had impressive economic growth in recent decades, with the 10th largest economy as of 2011.
- India has the second largest labor force, but many in India live below the World Bank poverty line.
- Major exports include chemical and petroleum products, textiles and leather, gems, software.