Live Exchange Rates - USD/HKD
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
USD/HKD at a Glance
U.S. Dollar (Currency code: USD)
- Central bank: The Federal Reserve System (also known as the Federal Reserve, or the Fed)
- The USD (also called the greenback or buck) is the de facto global currency. Most commodities (including gold and oil) are priced in USD.
- The U.S.A. has by far the largest economy in the world.
- America faces challenges from developing economies, and has consistently large trade deficits with other nations.
Hong Kong Dollar (Currency code: HKD)
- Central bank (currency board): The Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- The Hong Kong dollar is the eighth most traded currency.
- Hong Kong has a free market economy. With few natural resources, it is highly dependent on international trade and finance.
- Hong Kong became a Special Administrative Region of China in 1997, and its economy is increasingly integrated with China through trade, tourism, and financial links.
- Hong Kong retains full legal autonomy over its currency.
76.8% of retail client accounts lose money trading CFDs with this provider.
You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.