Live Exchange Rates - NZD/JPY
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
NZD/JPY at a Glance
New Zealand Dollar (Currency code: NZD)
- Central bank: The Reserve Bank of New Zealand
- The New Zealand dollar (also called the kiwi) replaced the New Zealand pound in 1967.
- In the past two decades New Zealand has transformed from an agrarian economy to a globally competitive, industrialized, free market economy.
- New Zealand exports include dairy products, meat, wood and wood products, fish, and machinery.
- The New Zealand dollar is among the 10 most-traded currencies.
Japanese Yen (Currency code: JPY)
- Central bank: The Bank of Japan
- Since its defeat in World War II, Japan has become one of the world's largest and most technologically advanced manufacturers of motor vehicles, electronic equipment, machine tools, and so on.
- The JPY has appreciated against USD since the 1970s, making Japan’s manufactured goods more costly and less competitive.
- The Bank of Japan keeps interest rates at near-zero, making JPY a popular “carry trade” currency against other higher-yielding currencies.