Live Exchange Rates - GBP/PLN
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
GBP/PLN at a Glance
British Pound Sterling (Currency code: GBP)
- Central bank: The Bank of England
- The pound is the world’s oldest currency still in use and was the de facto global currency until WW II.
- The economy of Great Britain (or the United Kingdom) is the third largest in Europe, after Germany and France.
- Napoleon famously called the UK “a nation of shopkeepers”. Banking, insurance, and business services still account for a large proportion of the British GDP.
Polish Zloty (Currency code: PLN)
- Central bank: Narodowy Bank Polski (NBP); the National Bank of Poland
- The name zloty (Polish for “golden”) dates back to the Middle Ages.
- The latest zloty (ł) was introduced on 1 January 1995, when 10,000 old zlotych (PLZ) became one new zloty (PLN).
- Poland is considered a success story among transition economies, but does not yet meet the stability criteria to adopt the euro.
- Exports include machinery, transport equipment, and other manufactured goods.