Live Exchange Rates - GBP/NZD
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
GBP/NZD at a Glance
British Pound Sterling (Currency code: GBP)
- Central bank: The Bank of England
- The pound is the world’s oldest currency still in use and was the de facto global currency until WW II.
- The economy of Great Britain (or the United Kingdom) is the third largest in Europe, after Germany and France.
- Napoleon famously called the UK “a nation of shopkeepers”. Banking, insurance, and business services still account for a large proportion of the British GDP.
New Zealand Dollar (Currency code: NZD)
- Central bank: The Reserve Bank of New Zealand
- The New Zealand dollar (also called the kiwi) replaced the New Zealand pound in 1967.
- In the past two decades New Zealand has transformed from an agrarian economy to a globally competitive, industrialized, free market economy.
- New Zealand exports include dairy products, meat, wood and wood products, fish, and machinery.
- The New Zealand dollar is among the 10 most-traded currencies.