Live Exchange Rates - EUR/PLN
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
EUR/PLN at a Glance
Euro (Currency code: EUR)
- Central bank: The European Central Bank
- The euro is used by over 320 million Europeans and 17 nations in the eurozone (euro area).
- Over 175 million people use currencies pegged to the euro, such as the Danish krona (DKK) and West African CFA franc (XOF).
- Eurozone economies vary widely. Germany is the largest economy, and a leading world exporter. Other economies (Ireland, Greece) endure sovereign debt and severe government austerity measures.
Polish Zloty (Currency code: PLN)
- Central bank: Narodowy Bank Polski (NBP); the National Bank of Poland
- The name zloty (Polish for “golden”) dates back to the Middle Ages.
- The latest zloty (ł) was introduced on 1 January 1995, when 10,000 old zlotych (PLZ) became one new zloty (PLN).
- Poland is considered a success story among transition economies, but does not yet meet the stability criteria to adopt the euro.
- Exports include machinery, transport equipment, and other manufactured goods.