Live Exchange Rates - EUR/HUF
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
EUR/HUF at a Glance
Euro (Currency code: EUR)
- Central bank: The European Central Bank
- The euro is used by over 320 million Europeans and 17 nations in the eurozone (euro area).
- Over 175 million people use currencies pegged to the euro, such as the Danish krona (DKK) and West African CFA franc (XOF).
- Eurozone economies vary widely. Germany is the largest economy, and a leading world exporter. Other economies (Ireland, Greece) endure sovereign debt and severe government austerity measures.
Hungarian Forint (Currency code: HUF)
- Central bank: Hungarian National Bank
- The modern forint was introduced in 1946.
- The currency became fully convertible in 2001 after the high inflation of the 1990s when Hungary transitioned to a market economy.
- In late 2008, Hungary needed financial assistance to service its large public debt. As one consequence, Hungary has delayed adopting the euro until 2020.
- Over 60% of Hungary’s exports are related to machinery and equipment.