Live Exchange Rates - EUR/AUD
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
EUR/AUD at a Glance
Euro (Currency code: EUR)
- Central bank: The European Central Bank
- The euro is used by over 320 million Europeans and 17 nations in the eurozone (euro area).
- Over 175 million people use currencies pegged to the euro, such as the Danish krona (DKK) and West African CFA franc (XOF).
- Eurozone economies vary widely. Germany is the largest economy, and a leading world exporter. Other economies (Ireland, Greece) endure sovereign debt and severe government austerity measures.
Australian Dollar (Currency code: AUD)
- Central bank: The Reserve Bank of Australia
- The Australian dollar (also called the Aussie) is a “commodity currency” because the country exports abundant natural resources, including coal, iron ore, copper, gold, natural gas, uranium, and renewable energy.
- Australia has strong trade ties with China, and the growing Chinese economy has driven its economy.
- Australia is trying to diversify its export markets beyond China to other Pacific nations.