Live Exchange Rates - CHF/ZAR
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
CHF/ZAR at a Glance
Swiss Franc (Currency code: CHF)
- Central bank: The Swiss National Bank
- The Swiss Franc (also called Swissie or Swissy) is the currency of Switzerland, Lichtenstein, and the Italian municipality of Campione d'Italia (a small enclave in the south).
- Switzerland's per capita GDP is among the highest in the world. The country’s economy benefits from a highly developed service sector, led by financial services, and a sophisticated high-tech manufacturing industry.
- Most Swiss economic practices conform to those of the surrounding European Union.
South African Rand (Currency code: ZAR)
- Central bank: The South African Reserve Bank
- “Rand” refers to Witwatersrand, the ridge where Johannesburg stands that contains most of the country’s gold deposits.
- South Africa is a middle-income, emerging market with abundant natural resources and well-developed infrastructure.
- South Africa is the world’s largest producer of platinum, gold, and chromium. In addition to these and other metals, it exports machinery, equipment, diamonds.
- Relatively high interest rates make ZAR a popular carry trade currency.