Live Exchange Rates - CAD/SGD
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
CAD/SGD at a Glance
Canadian Dollar (Currency code: CAD)
- Central bank: The Bank of Canada
- The Canadian dollar (CAD) is also known as the loonie.
- The CAD is called a “commodity currency” because Canada is a world leader in resource exports: oil, lumber, fish, food, and many types of minerals—copper, nickel, potash, uranium, gold.
- Canada usually has a modest trade surplus, with 70% of its exports going to the U.S.
Singapore Dollar (Currency code: SGD)
- Central bank: The Monetary Authority of Singapore
- The Singapore dollar (also called Sing) is used by one of the world’s most prosperous countries.
- Singapore has a highly developed free-market economy characterized by stable prices and an open environment free of corruption.
- The economy is driven by exports, particularly in consumer electronics, IT products, pharmaceuticals and other chemicals.
- A growing financial services sector has positioned Singapore as the Southeast Asia’s financial hub.