Live Exchange Rates - CAD/CHF
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
CAD/CHF at a Glance
Canadian Dollar (Currency code: CAD)
- Central bank: The Bank of Canada
- The Canadian dollar (CAD) is also known as the loonie.
- The CAD is called a “commodity currency” because Canada is a world leader in resource exports: oil, lumber, fish, food, and many types of minerals—copper, nickel, potash, uranium, gold.
- Canada usually has a modest trade surplus, with 70% of its exports going to the U.S.
Swiss Franc (Currency code: CHF)
- Central bank: The Swiss National Bank
- The Swiss Franc (also called Swissie or Swissy) is the currency of Switzerland, Lichtenstein, and the Italian municipality of Campione d'Italia (a small enclave in the south).
- Switzerland's per capita GDP is among the highest in the world. The country’s economy benefits from a highly developed service sector, led by financial services, and a sophisticated high-tech manufacturing industry.
- Most Swiss economic practices conform to those of the surrounding European Union.