Live Exchange Rates - AUD/NZD
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
AUD/NZD at a Glance
Australian Dollar (Currency code: AUD)
- Central bank: The Reserve Bank of Australia
- The Australian dollar (also called the Aussie) is a “commodity currency” because the country exports abundant natural resources, including coal, iron ore, copper, gold, natural gas, uranium, and renewable energy.
- Australia has strong trade ties with China, and the growing Chinese economy has driven its economy.
- Australia is trying to diversify its export markets beyond China to other Pacific nations.
New Zealand Dollar (Currency code: NZD)
- Central bank: The Reserve Bank of New Zealand
- The New Zealand dollar (also called the kiwi) replaced the New Zealand pound in 1967.
- In the past two decades New Zealand has transformed from an agrarian economy to a globally competitive, industrialized, free market economy.
- New Zealand exports include dairy products, meat, wood and wood products, fish, and machinery.
- The New Zealand dollar is among the 10 most-traded currencies.