Live Exchange Rates - AUD/CAD
Current tradable exchange rates, live from OANDA fxTrade
Understanding live exchange rates
OANDA is electronically connected to numerous global banks to access the best currency rates for its forex traders, and electronic algorithms on OANDA’s fxTrade servers update exchange rates tick-by-tick, in periods of less than a second. The currency rates shown on this page are updated less frequently, but are still a close reflection of the rates available to forex traders right now.
AUD/CAD at a Glance
Australian Dollar (Currency code: AUD)
- Central bank: The Reserve Bank of Australia
- The Australian dollar (also called the Aussie) is a “commodity currency” because the country exports abundant natural resources, including coal, iron ore, copper, gold, natural gas, uranium, and renewable energy.
- Australia has strong trade ties with China, and the growing Chinese economy has driven its economy.
- Australia is trying to diversify its export markets beyond China to other Pacific nations.
Canadian Dollar (Currency code: CAD)
- Central bank: The Bank of Canada
- The Canadian dollar (CAD) is also known as the loonie.
- The CAD is called a “commodity currency” because Canada is a world leader in resource exports: oil, lumber, fish, food, and many types of minerals—copper, nickel, potash, uranium, gold.
- Canada usually has a modest trade surplus, with 70% of its exports going to the U.S.